Norton 360 Premier Edition For PC
Norton 360 is All-In-One Security software for home and home-office users. Home users will find that it is available for purchase online and may also be used by small business users, depending on specific needs. When it was officially released, this software came out in its standard and Premier Edition. The standard edition of Norton 360 includes 2 GB (Gigabytes) of secured online storage as a part of the subscription.
Norton 360 Premier Edition is absolutely the same software as its standard version sibling, except that it includes 25 GB of online storage. This version is for people who need more than 2 GB of online storage. This is an important feature of the Norton 360 Premier Edition because it keeps the larger amount of consumer's data secure in case of data loss for any reason, including hardware failure.
When ready to download Norton 360 Premier Edition there are things to know about which backup and restore features are available. The Norton 360 Premier provides:
- A backup of your important files, including photos, music, videos and other file types. The backup medium choice includes any media that Windows recognizes as a storage drive. The backup destination may include:
- your local hard drive (or hard drives if you have more than one),
- external drives,
- network storage folders,
- removable discs like CD, DVD, HD DVD, Blu-ray (discs have to be recordable, and you have to have a corresponding drive that can write onto those discs),
- USB connected devices like iPod, flash drive, cameras, smart-phones,
- with your Norton 360 Premier Edition download you'll also receive access to Norton's online data centres. This is where you get your 25 GB of online storage space. Remember that the online backup service that is provided with the Norton 360 Premier requires you to create a Norton Account.
- The encryption used when storing files online is government-grade encryption.
- Files stored online can be restored to any computer running Norton 360 with your credentials. An internet connection is obviously required. Files can be shared by emailing a link.
- Scheduling a backup is easy and includes options like automatic, daily, weekly, monthly, or manual intervals. Automatic backup uses automatic sensors that wait until your computer is idle, so your work does not get interrupted by backups. This type of backup is the one that is up to date the most as it continually runs whenever your PC is idle. For automatic backup, a backup destination has to be available, and it cannot be a CD or DVD.
- The restoration process is done in just a few clicks. The steps are selecting your backup set, selecting files, and finally selecting your restore destination.
Now, before you buy the Norton 360 Premier Edition download, it is also important to know what things are not available. Here is what Norton 360 Premier Edition does not provide:
- You cannot do bare metal backups and restores with Norton 360 as this software does not backup system files nor creates disk images.
Norton 360 Premier Edition System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP/7/8/10 (both 32Bit or 64Bit)
- RAM: 1 GB Required
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Needed
- Processor: Intel 1Ghz Processor Required